Sawadee-ka,
April 15th is the official celebration of the Thai New Year called Songkran. It is a HUGE water fight and soooo much fun!! I stayed in my town and went out with some friends to enjoy the festivities!!! Basically you just ride in the back of a truck and throw water on each other. People have water guns or just BUCKETS of water!!! They fill the buckets of water with ice so it is REALLY cold!! They also mix talcum powder and water together that forms a paste. They then put this on your face during the festivities!!! I had a BLAST celebrating Songkran and I wish we could do this in the states!!! Oh, all of these pics were taken with my camera INSIDE a ziplock bag, that is why they are fuzzy.
Always learning,
Charmel
1 comment:
That looks like a lot of fun - especially if it was hot outside :)
Post a Comment